Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Re: What sort of helper would YOU be?

This forum seems to be a place for the Moderators of other forums to shed the responsibilities of moderating for a while. I was Moderator of the Computers and Photo sections of a large forum up until a while ago.

I think it's an honour to be invited to be a Moderator. It means 'The Management' think you're an OK fellow. I did have enough of the responsibility in the end though and it was nice to go back to being a free member. I still contribute to that forum sometimes and help out where I can.

I suppose that's the point. You don't need to have a title (or be a Moderator) in order to be helpful at what might be your stronger subjects.

I can see Admin. needs a number Moderators with the power of editing, moving or deleting posts. Nobody can be around all of the time to keep an eye on spam or other unsavoury postings (they can arise if a spammer quite suddenly latches on to a forum).

I suppose I could have a label but I don't think there'd be room for one big enough. It would have to be something like:

'He can be a bit handy in some areas regarding computers, image editing/creation and electronics but not in others'.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 04:57 PM

Just bumping this for our nubes

Can you think of any other labels we could add as a fun thing? I reckon it's worth a shot
Cinnamon
New Member!
Herts. UK
Cinnamon is female 

29-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Can you think of any other labels we could add as a fun thing? I reckon it's worth a shot

Cheer leader

Don't know how to do Music links on here yet.......so, as unable to post ''always look on the bright side of life''...I'd be cheerer upper

Not a moderator seeking refuge, but was kinda one in my professional life
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 01:09 PM

I am quite content being an Indian. I have no aspirations to making it to chief Mind you, I was once a chief engineer on a rowing boat
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Everyone feels a bit grumpy now and then and likes to 'Grump off' their feelings, maybe you could try a 'Grumpy corner' for a bit of fun and see how it goes Azz, the Grumpy old Men and Women series is very popular on TV. I didn't sleep too good last night and I'm feeling slightly grumpy this Morning, hence the thought.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Everyone feels a bit grumpy now and then and likes to 'Grump off' their feelings, maybe you could try a 'Grumpy corner' for a bit of fun and see how it goes Azz, the Grumpy old Men and Women series is very popular on TV. I didn't sleep too good last night and I'm feeling slightly grumpy this Morning, hence the thought.
Ooh! I like that one, Jemflux!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 04:43 PM

As do I.... excellent idea, jemflux!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

03-05-2011, 12:44 AM

LOL

And who would get to decide what is , and what isnt a Grumpy Post .............. Or not ?

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
LOL

And who would get to decide what is , and what isnt a Grumpy Post .............. Or not ?

The biggest grump of them all of course- Quasimodo!, the grump with the hump.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 03:27 PM

I`d volunteer to be a know-all if I weren`t sure that post is already filled.
I could be Art Monitor...
or perhaps tea-lady.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top