Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2012, 10:34 PM

Re: Statins

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi Ted,
My view is that no one should take seriously the opinions of nerds who post on the internet. That's why I think it's irrelevant who anyone is or who they claim to be on the internet.

However that said I think if anyone does make claims about health/diet related matters they should back up their opinions so other readers can better understand why that person is making that claim.
For that reason I post links to the evidence I am basing my opinions on.
If you don't like science then I think most people over 50 should have learn't they don't have to read all the posts on the internet and they also don't have to read posts that contain science based information that annoys them.

This site like many others has an IGNORE facility and those people who anyone finds annoying or irritating can go to the Control Panel and under OPTIONS find the Edit ignore list option and include the names of those posters that irritate them.
Simple really.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2012, 10:39 PM

You are so right Azz!
I have had 3 heart attacks and a bypass operation, plus 2 stents fitted, I eat a perfect diet according to my dietician.
In fact I don't eat for me I eat for my heart.
People forget it is not just your blood vessels, it is organs as well especially the liver if you are eating the wrong saturated fat.
For your heart you need exercise, and lots of it on a regular basis, this will help tremendously with heart problems.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TedHutchinson ->
My view is that no one should take seriously the opinions of nerds who post on the internet. That's why I think it's irrelevant who anyone is or who they claim to be on the internet.
Completely agree - and most of us here do that. But the point I was making was *why* you were suspected to be a spammer; you registered and posted lots of links in your first few posts.

My advice was, that perhaps when you sign up to a forum like this one, maybe make an introductory post - even if to say that the topic of this thread interests you (give an overview of your opinion) and that you'll be happy to post links to articles and sources if anyone's interested.

That way you come across as more of a genuine member than a spammer (or troll?)

However that said I think if anyone does make claims about health/diet related matters they should back up their opinions so other readers can better understand why that person is making that claim.
Again I agree - and most members here do just that, take what others say with a pinch of salt, and do the relevant research if they think someone has a valid point (and that goes for any links they post as sources or studies too).

If you don't like science then I think most people over 50 should have learn't they don't have to read all the posts on the internet and they also don't have to read posts that contain science based information that annoys them.

This site like many others has an IGNORE facility and those people who anyone finds annoying or irritating can go to the Control Panel and under OPTIONS find the Edit ignore list option and include the names of those posters that irritate them.
Simple really.
Not really sure what you're saying here. No one, to my knowledge, has said they don't like 'science'

And even if they have... maybe you should just ignore them

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
You are so right Azz!
I have had 3 heart attacks and a bypass operation, plus 2 stents fitted, I eat a perfect diet according to my dietician.
In fact I don't eat for me I eat for my heart.
People forget it is not just your blood vessels, it is organs as well especially the liver if you are eating the wrong saturated fat.
For your heart you need exercise, and lots of it on a regular basis, this will help tremendously with heart problems.
That's brill! Well not for having the heart attacks but for going on a healthy diet

I'm interested in these sort of things so would love to know what your diet consists of? Is it anything like the one I posted in my previous post?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2012, 11:20 PM

At the risk of being called a nerd by Mr. Hutchinson, I will tell you my diet Azz.

Most of the things listed by you are fine, but I go further with having no dairy products other than the odd egg now and again.
I drink about a litre of Soya milk a day.
I also follow a blood diet, which I have followed since my first heart attack.
Blood Diet
I am type A+ blood group to give you an idea what my complete diet is.
Just one thing I eat which I am not allowed is fowl, but I am working on it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2012, 11:26 PM

Thanks Arthur, that's interesting

I looked into blood diets, but came to the conclusion that species appropriate would probably be more beneficial (as many of the foods on the blood diet have only been part of the human diet for 10,000 years or less - yet we (and our closest ancestors) have been around for over 200,000).

Btw the detox I posted isn't a species appropriate diet (as it contains grains) but it's a good 'first step'

Thanks again for the info!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 02:29 AM

I've just come back to this thread tonight and have read everything but, with the very greatest respect to Ted Hutchinson, and welcome, I take advice from my doctor. I don't doubt that Ted is informed on this subject but, notwithstanding, I will listen to my doctor. It is too easy to find out information over the internet, and if we all did that, we'd put ourselves into an early grave with self-diagnoses.

However, having said that, I never needed statins before I had my mini-stroke in April last year as my cholesterol level was 4.2 but, because of the stroke, I am now told that it's necessary for me to take them, so I'm afraid graphs and charts mean nothing to me. I have blood tests taken every six months because I'm sent for by the surgery and so far, touch wood, I'm okay.

I've never been told about a blood diet and, like Arthur, I'm also A+, but I eat all normal things, but not a lot of any one thing. I'm not vegetarian, but I don't eat red meat every day as I like to vary my diet.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 08:38 AM

I don't suffer fools kindly either.
You sure look like suffering reading my posts then Ted....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:46 PM

Im on Simvastatin too.. my cholesteral was 12 . something Dont think I can be doing with all this reading geekiness.. ill just take the tablets as the quack ordered
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:58 PM

Hi cassie ...there is no disputing that statins do lower your cholesterol....everyone reacts differently to medication ...I was fine with them for several years...I only stopped them when i associated the problems i was getting them with the published side effects ...obviously you need to take them as you cholesterol is high ...however please keep a note of the possibility of side effects...should you are unlucky enough to be affected there are alternative medications which can be used ....good luck .....
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 12:52 AM

Thank you, I didnt mean to sound flippant but I get 'info'd out' with several medical things I have happening and living with a very geeked up nurse!!! I just find it all a little mind blowing at times

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top