Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 02:45 AM

Re: 'Born & Bred' ..... Where?

I was born in Falkirk . . . which makes me a Falkirk Bairn . . . and a dedicated Scot who wants my country's independence from England.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I was born in Falkirk . . . which makes me a Falkirk Bairn . . . and a dedicated Scot who wants my country's independence from England.
Most people up North want that too Getting it however is another matter.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Most people up North want that too Getting it however is another matter.
Have some faith Roxy . . . everything comes to those who wait . . . trouble is we've been waiting 300 years . . . . but Alex has a cunning plan . . . . wait and see.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Have some faith Roxy . . . everything comes to those who wait . . . trouble is we've been waiting 300 years . . . . but Alex has a cunning plan . . . . wait and see.

Alex Salmond for President!!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2011, 10:25 AM

I know Alex has been going on about giving us all a Vote about it....But I saw on the News that Westminster was jumping up and down about it......determind to stop it at all costs.
nero
Central Scotland

03-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I know Alex has been going on about giving us all a Vote about it....But I saw on the News that Westminster was jumping up and down about it......determind to stop it at all costs.
Westminster is terrified about our independence . . . who the hell do they think they are . . . . we're members of Europe therefore if us Scots wake up and say enough is enough and vote for our freedom, we'll get it . . . Alex aint no mug though . . . he'll bide his time and leave the crucial referendum until the last year of this office then go for it . . . by that time this "government" will have sunk us into the mire so deep pehaps people up here will vote for separation.

There will always be the hangers-on up here licking the butts down there but those types are not true Scots are they.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

03-08-2011, 11:08 AM

Lol, Nope your dead right. My man Duncan is Highland to the core and very Fierce about it. He's like a throw back to those 16th centuary Highlanders who did a lot of the fighting for Scotlands Independance. He's 6ft of muscle with the dark brown shoulder length hair....All that's missing is the War Braids platted into it.
nero
Central Scotland

03-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Scotlands greatest hero, Sir William Wallace, is a great hero of Tony Robinson too . . . he's the English chap who goes on archaeological digs all around Britain . . (Baldrick in Blackadder) . . . Tony said at the end of a program he made called "Braveheart" that Sir William was a man centuries before his time in regard to what Sir William said . . . "that no one should be a slave to others or any other country".

Today, after nearly 900 years, they call that civil rights . . .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

03-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Yes I know who you mean....I like that kind of TV Programme. I watch Eden, Discovery, and The Nation Geo Channels a lot. I also adore Neil Olivers Voice lol. I could listen to him talk for ages. I met him once when he was doing a talk at the local Libraray and he signed my book of History of Scotland for me. I'd taken it along in the hope of Buttonholeing him.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 06:44 AM

Name gives it away........born and bred in Newcastle with Scottish origins,lived for a while in Hertfordshire but now retired to Suffolk

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top