Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:23 AM

Re: your car

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The first Turbo Charged car I had was in 1990, a Fiesta RS Turbo, 0-60 about 7.5 seconds if I remember right, a 1.6 CVH engine, it was replaced in 1991 by a Fiesta RS 1800 with the new 1.8 Zetec unit, on paper performance was pretty identical but on the road, it was never as interesting.
Fiesta RS Turbo was some car! Very aggressive looking and the turbo made it pretty scary. The power delivery from turbos then was fun - all or nothing
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
Regarding the "souped up" comment somewhere.
How rude!
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
How rude!
Why rude?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:41 AM

I had a little Honda N600 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N360 had some very good features I have never seen on any other car, by yor feet was a flap which when raised allowed ventilation or heat (depended which way you raised it) to circulate around your legs and feet, a tube could be attached which sent that air under the seat into the back of the car.
The petrol cap and flap were attached to the car so you never had to stand holding the cap while you filled up.
Very simple engine cost pennies almost to have work done.
Was a dream to park could almost shunt in sideways to a spot !
Smaller than a mini but plenty of room for 4 adults. Good head room too if you were taller.

Small quirky car and bright bright yellow. Just don't see anything with so much personality these days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 10:54 AM

When i started driving even a radio was an extra. The wipers were vacuum operated and if you accelerated they stopped working altogether. This was with a Ford Anglia 100e (1954 reg no 842 CMU) which came out after the Popular version and before the Prefect version. prior to that there was the ford 95a "sit up and beg"type
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Air con: In some countries, first fitted to family cars as a n option in the late 50's, relatively standard option by the 60's.

Disc brakes, as above.
It is a nonsense to suggest that any of these things have been fitted as standard to cars from the dates you put forward, of course some them have been around since the sixties but so has space travel. Hands up those of us who have been into space?
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is a nonsense to suggest that any of these things have been fitted as standard to cars from the dates you put forward, of course some them have been around since the sixties but so has space travel. Hands up those of us who have been into space?

Bruce, if you read my post correctly, you will see that I used the phrase "AS AN OPTION." Check your facts, and you will find that is a 100% correct statement.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 02:47 AM

Bruce, if you read my post correctly, you will see that I used the phrase "AS AN OPTION." Check your facts, and you will find that is a 100% correct statement.
I know but, as I said, as such it is a nonsense. For your argument to make any sense it has to be as a standard feature in common mass produced cars.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 07:18 AM

Bruce and Fender Bender

Remember different countries may have the same make and model, but what is fitted as standard in one country may not be fitted as standard in another
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 07:57 AM

I had every Ford RS model early 90s except a Sierra RS Cosworth, I know a guy who has the first Fiesta XR2, he bought it at auction when the Patrick Collection were selling some of their cars off, I think it has 90 miles on the clock, he was offered a swop for a Ferrari but declined.

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top