Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Re: One of those 'moments'........

I confess, . . yes I've had a few "blonde" moments too, . . like putting the kettle on then wondering why it hasn't boiled after 10 minutes only to discover I've lit the wrong gas burner.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 02:36 PM

I've bought 'special' cards for family birthdays and put them aside......come a few days before the Day, I search high and low and can't remember where I put them ....... I often end up having to go out and buy more!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Oh I often do that with my electric kettle, Nero! Makes me feel like a fool! Mags, have you thought of having a place like a shoebox with monthly dividers for those cards?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh I often do that with my electric kettle, Nero! Makes me feel like a fool! Mags, have you thought of having a place like a shoebox with monthly dividers for those cards?
Now that's a good idea, Eileen......... as long as I remember where I keep the shoebox!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Just remembered one of those 'moments' which has lasted for two years. Decorating my bedroom and hall I took my mum's and my grandma's wedding rings off and put them in a 'safe place'. They are so safe, to this day I can't remember where I've put them No doubt someone will find them after I've popped my clogs
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've bought 'special' cards for family birthdays and put them aside......come a few days before the Day, I search high and low and can't remember where I put them ....... I often end up having to go out and buy more!
I am brilliant at that too...Infact have a card this year for someone, who was supposed to get it last year, but lost it, so bought another, then found it recently!So they will get it this year, unless I loose it again!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2009, 10:18 AM

Mmm, me too.
Or, doing the 'de-stress Stressmas' thing through the year, get things which I think people might like, then quite forget about them and go out and buy presents for all. 2 presents each!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Mmm, me too.
Or, doing the 'de-stress Stressmas' thing through the year, get things which I think people might like, then quite forget about them and go out and buy presents for all. 2 presents each!
They must think what a generous person you are dinahsmum
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2009, 10:33 PM

I am very good at going to the shop for something I really need, and coming back with everything I do not need, and without the one item I went for!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 08:51 AM

Well done for jogging my memory yesterday! A Lakeland catalogue arrived and that, together with this thread, reminded me that I had bought 3 lovely decorated 'small pudding basin and cream jug' sets with holly etc on them in January, planning to make puddings and give them as small gifts.
Now all I need is to remember where I stowed them safely and then remember to make sthe puddings!

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top