Join for free
Page 46 of 52 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2010, 11:07 PM

Re: The insomniacs thread

It's been a funny old day today, . . . my how time flies, . . . hope the weather's milder tomorrow, . . . Easter weekend, yeah, all the holies will be praying, . . . praying they get the lottery up, . . on a positive note the election mouthpieces will be silent, . . I hope, . . they should all be away too, . . Timbuctoo would be nice, . . anyways, I shall now soddoff, . . good night all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2010, 11:14 PM

Goodnight Nero!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2010, 11:29 PM

Good night Nero............
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2010, 03:03 AM

It's been a long day so it has, . . . 3am and still at it, . . . never mind, I'll have a lie-in today.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2010, 09:07 AM

This is a good idea for those who can not sleep.
Myself. I hit the hay between 12 and 1:00am, two minutes later (thats what it seems ) I wake up at 5:45, give or take a minute or two and get up.
I do feel sorry for people who can not sleep though.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 08:36 PM

I go up the wooden hill at about 10pm to watch TV in bed. I am asleep by 10.15pm. Why oh why did I bother to have that flat screen telly mounted on the wall in the bedroom?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 02:35 AM

I go up at 11 pm to watch the late news, then half-way listen to whatever is on the Charlie Rose show (interesting the other night about your election) while reading; lights out about 12:30.
nero
Central Scotland

09-05-2010, 11:09 AM

. . . . tick . . tick . . tick . . tick . . . bloody mechanical alarm clock . . I wish to hell I hadn't fixed it now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 01:42 PM

For years I've had to put up with the wife's snoring, and believe me she can snore!. I've tried various "CURES" but none of them worked. The last one I tried nearly got me divorced, some fella in the pub said the latest thing to cure snoring was oxygen-free copper, like some people swear by copper for Rheumatic pains and wear a bracelet, well this is the same principal(in a way), it seems the oxygen-free copper draws the excess oxygen (essential for producing those terrible noises) from the nasal passage. I managed to acquire the copper in a heavy wire form and made a necklace. One night, when she came home from a "Girls" night out she was so sloshed she didn't notice me slip it round her neck. It didn't work. Next morning when she discovered the noose (as she called it) she accused me of trying to hang her from the bedpost in order to collect the insurance money. She didn't talk to me for a month after that. In the meantime I bought myself a set of cordless headphones and look at a late film while she continues to snore like a bullock chained to a wall, maybe I should have made a ring for her nose instead.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 08:24 PM

My husband can sleep - I can't (or don't need as much). Sometimes when I can't sleep I quietly get up, and take the dog for a walk - Its usually the early hours and sometimes just before the light breaks it is beautiful. We go out of the back gate onto the fields and I even take my shoes off. To feel the dew on my legs and feet is magical. At this time of year the dawn chorus is in full swing and it makes me feel great - magical. My dog enjoys himself tracking down the foxes and small furries and has a wonderful time as the smells are heightened in the early hours. Who needs sleep - can always have a siesta in the afternoon

Page 46 of 52 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top