Join for free
Page 41 of 1010 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 > Last »
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I do make my own curries, but usually make a shrimp or chicken one, not a big meat eater.
shrimp curry - one of my favourites

But when you say shrimp, I think in the US you mean what would would call prawns? Shrimps are small, prawns fairly big?

Two nations separated by a common language

I'm not a big meat eater either
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:42 PM

Yes, shrimp are what we call prawns, although I think prawns are larger, as you say. Years ago on Catsey we had a fun thread about the language differences: lift - elevator, boot - trunk etc., went on for pages!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 09:54 PM

I was going to eat goat curry-but even marinated and slow cooked the leg of a goat is not that special.

Oh well best have porridge tomorrow cos I`m really hungry
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:39 PM

I've never eaten goat, but would try it at an ethnic restaurant. I suspect it might be a bit like lamb, correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not a big lamb fan, although I do like a lamb kebab!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 08:53 PM

I've never eaten goat, but would try it at an ethnic restaurant. I suspect it might be a bit like lamb, correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not a big lamb fan, although I do like a lamb kebab!
Well I don't eat lamb, don't like the flavour - unless in a curry lol

I had goat in the Dominican - not bad really.

But now, I am veering back toward vegetarian food
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
Not true - don't know what your dog has been eating.

Curry is eaten wrongly in this country - too much of the curry and not enough rice/bread. The rice is the main part of the meal which would avoid the digestive upsets if more of that was eaten and a bit less of the curry. I always bemoan the fact that you never get a big enough portion of rice in restaurants.

As for it not being good for you - remind me how many people there are in the sub-continent? I suspect what is not good for you is the 10 pints some people wash it down with. In fact, rice and dal will contain all the amino acids you need.

What am I having for dinner? Why curry of course. Rice with green peas, dal and chicken pathia, a selection of pickles and yoghurt. And a chapatti or two. Yum - thank you India for one of the greatest cuisines n the world.
PP dont get me wrong, it would not be good for everyone to like the same things.
IMO I just can not stand the stuff and wonder why people go on about it. After their 10 pints they say lets go for a Curry, not lets get Fish &Chips or a good meat pie.

Today we are having a nice Ham Salad with New potatoes for lunch.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2010, 01:11 PM

I hate lamb and mutton . . . very fatty meats . . even with mint sauce it's awful IMO . . . the wife loves lamb and that's our usual Sunday dinner . . . I pick around it then feed it to the dogs when she aint looking.

Tonight I'll have the healthiest takeaway you can buy . . . . . . . fish and chips
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Fixing Chinese tonight: won ton soup, chicken shiu mai dumplings with two kinds of dipping sauce, yum!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

24-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Fixing Chinese tonight: won ton soup, chicken shiu mai dumplings with two kinds of dipping sauce, yum!
On my way = won't be long
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-04-2010, 08:19 PM

You'd be welcome!

Page 41 of 1010 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 541 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top