Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 11:17 AM

Re: Do you turn off ?

Originally Posted by Lady Angler ->
I also have to unplug everything when we go away on holiday and triple check doors,windows,etc.......A touch of OCD me thinks....lol....
My daughter in law unplugged everything before their hols and my son came back to find all his tropical fish dead .... oh dear!
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 11:55 AM

My daughter in law unplugged everything before their hols and my son came back to find all his tropical fish dead .... oh dear!
Aw.........that's terrible.....Sorry but I can't help giggling....Only because I could see myself doing it.

Just tell her not to unplug the freezer..........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Gosh! what frightening experiences some of you have had. I never turn anything off in a thunderstorm but I'm now beginning to wonder if I should

Like others, my parents always turned everything off in a storm which happened quite frequently. Nowadays we don't seem to have the really bad thunderstorms like then.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 08:47 PM

I never used to turn anything off until I was staying with a friend about 4 years ago. There was a thunderstorm and it blew out her tele and computer as well as the lights.
She had to buy a new tele and computer as they were burnt right out.
Made me realise how dangerous storms can be and added to the fact I couldn't afford to replace either I now take extra care of them in a storm.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top