Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Re: Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat lol

Actually the truth is ...I dont trust my wife to do it especially after i paid £50 for a Turkey last year lol
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 02:55 PM

Come every-one Christmas is what you make it
Meg - spoil yourself, get some nice goodies in, some carols on the radio, lovely
Lynne55 - do it, pack turkey butties, wrap up & go for a lovely long walk, don't forget your flask - hip & thermos !
I'm having a pretty quiet one this year DiL has invited us round but as I'm not that keen on her & she's an awful hostess we will call in to see Grandchildren but won't stay long.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2012, 06:25 PM

You are all making me hungry
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 10:43 AM

I always do a buffett for all the family on Christmas eve.
Four lovely family members are now living in another part of the world. They will be celebrating Christmas day while we are celebrating Christmas eve. But thanks to Skype, we will be able to join in each others festivities.
Christmas dinner will be at my daughters house but with us providing the turkey.

A little bitter sweet this year, as it's the first one without all my family.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I always do a buffett for all the family on Christmas eve.
Four lovely family members are now living in another part of the world. They will be celebrating Christmas day while we are celebrating Christmas eve. But thanks to Skype, we will be able to join in each others festivities.
Christmas dinner will be at my daughters house but with us providing the turkey.

A little bitter sweet this year, as it's the first one without all my family.
Going to be staying with a good friend in your part of the world over Xmas darlin' - we can always drop in on you!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Going to be staying with a good friend in your part of the world over Xmas darlin' - we can always drop in on you!!!
You would be most welcome.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 04:08 PM

Most kind Mall darlin', most kind.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 05:43 PM

I've never been a great one for Christmas, but my wife is a Christmas Nut! Some of it is rubbing off on me nowadays and I must admit I do love having all the family round at Christmas - we usually have a few waifs and strays joining us for Christmas Dinner so I'm usually cooking for at least 20. Our house is quite small, so we compensate by putting up a 6x3 meter gazebo in the garden and eating out there. This was last Christmas with the gazebo looking pretty magical:

But what really makes it all worthwhile is the grandchildren:

Mick
mesco m
manchester

05-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Lovely Mick. That's what Christmas is all about.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2012, 05:55 PM

That looks fantastic Mick I've always wanted to do that

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top