Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Re: Do you turn off ?

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I have just spoken to my sister who has recently had a lightning strike, it came through the telephone cables and blew up her (and her neighbours) new computer and phones, and knocked out the sky dish!

I don't think I will stay on the phone if there is a storm.

We always worry because our house is Victorian and has huge chimneys which used to have a lightning conducter fitted rumour has it that our local scrap metal dealers stole it, along with all the drain covers they could find (houses were empty for 4 years before we bought them).
Like I said MM . . . no amount of protection will save your home in the event of a direct strike . . . It's old mother natures way of letting us know we're only tennants on this planet.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 07:19 AM

When we have thunder storms I tend to go for a walk and clear my head with the freshness of the air, plus I enjoy it, nothing like seeinf fork lightning stike the ground.

Never bother switching off TV or Computer. I have a dedicated filtered socket for the computers.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:33 PM

I love storms we don't seem to get them mcuh now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 10:41 PM

AB, you actually go out and walk in them? Brave man! Seaspirit, you're welcome to as many of ours as you can have.....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
AB, you actually go out and walk in them? Brave man! Seaspirit, you're welcome to as many of ours as you can have.....
DM, you can not help but feel as one with mother nature when you are out walking in what she sends, beit Rain, sun, thunder.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by seaspirit ->
I love storms we don't seem to get them mcuh now
Just as well darlin' - a house further along the coast to the west of me was struck by lightning last night and destroyed.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Crickey Moses.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
DM, you can not help but feel as one with mother nature when you are out walking in what she sends, beit Rain, sun, thunder.
That's a side of Mother Nature I don't want to get close to; I prefer her Dr. Jekyll side, warm, sunny, gentle breezes!
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2011, 01:13 PM

ooooooo errrrrrrr, I have never even thought of switching things off. Luckily we don't get very many thunderstorms here.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2011, 10:52 AM

It's a habit I've inherited from my mother I'm afraid.......

She was so terrified of thunder storms she used to hide in the cloakroom under the stairs....

I also have to unplug everything when we go away on holiday and triple check doors,windows,etc.......A touch of OCD me thinks....lol....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top