Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2013, 11:13 PM

Re: Well Here It Is " Merry Christmas".

We've spent a wonderful day at our daughter's house, the Christmas lunch was excellent and likewise, the buffet our daughter and SIL laid on in the evening. We had fun and games with the grandchildren who must be tired out now after being up at 5:00am this morning!

I hope everyone has had a good day whichever way they spent it...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Indeed Jem, today is a time to reflect and remember those no longer with us.

Everybody has now left our house so it is just a case of waiting for the wife to finish her fifteenth G&T then go off to bed so I have an excuse to also call it a night. Until then I may as well finish off what is left of my bottle of rum and smoke a cigar.

See you tomorrow folks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Good evening all, we are long over our lovely dinner and may I give full credit to Phyllis, a marvelous job she made of it as usual. My daughter, hubby, and the two boys have gone home. A good time was had with plenty of laughs and a few sad songs sung, songs that brought back memories of those no longer with us, but who (I never say whom hate that word, it's like taking a sharp intake of breath) we never forget at this time, after that some happy songs on the player, then young Liam started his impressions of famous people, one with Noel Edmonds crying along with the contestant who only won 1p is his best yet, his older brother and himself put it together, that boy has talent, he had us all in stitches. I began my piece "The ball of Inverness' but was quickly stood down and hushed up by the wife saying "Jimmy you're not in the local now".
I don't drive ever but it's a good job I don't have to pass a breath test to got on here.
Ah Jem, that bought back memories of our Irish Christmases, when we would all do a turn - cant beat it ...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Ah Jem, that bought back memories of our Irish Christmases, when we would all do a turn - cant beat it ...
Do you mean Christmases in Ireland, Patsy, and if so where? Or was it Christmases with Irish people in UK?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Unfortunately, there were not enough of the Irish parties for me, only 2, but I remember them well. My father and his family came over here from Ireland, my Mother Irish-cockney, they parted in my youth ....
UK parties Ania ...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Unfortunately, there were not enough of the Irish parties for me, only 2, but I remember them well. My father and his family came over here from Ireland, my Mother Irish-cockney, they parted in my youth ....
UK parties Ania ...
That's sad, but glad you had the 2 parties. There is something special about the way the Irish party!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
That's sad, but glad you had the 2 parties. There is something special about the way the Irish party!

I'll let you know Ania darlin' as I'll be 'partying' in Fibber Magee's pub.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

30-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'll let you know Ania darlin' as I'll be 'partying' in Fibber Magee's pub.
Ooooo, photos please, UJ!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top