Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
LEAHTAO
Cumbria UK
LEAHTAO is female 

29-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Re: Overwhelming moments

Sorry that you are feeling that Sweep, I had a few bad years (not so long ago) when Two of my brothers died and also two of my sisters all four in under four years. it made me very low for quite a while but I am now coming to terms with it all. I often say 'Goodnight' to the photo of my eldest sister.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2011, 02:57 PM

I dug up an old friend who worked with me for 8 years. I haven't seen Ray Ax in 20 years. I was laid off from my job where we both worked. In 1991, 10,000 others lost their job that day. Ray & I quickly lost touch but I never forgot him.

One day, a few months ago, I decided to look him up, literally. I Googled his full name and managed to track him down. After calling his home I spoke with his wife who immediately recognized my name. She said that Ray talked about me often. She gave me Ray's cell phone number and I dialed him straight away. (That's British for "right away").

I asked Ray, when the connection went through, if he recognized my voice. He didn't until I mentioned I could name that tune he was whistling in one note. You see, Ray had a nervous tick causing him to continuously whistle the same note. over & over. He started to laugh as it threw him back 20 years and he remember me, sitting in front of him in the office.

We had a grand talk as Ray told me it was a huge coincidence that I chose that time to call as he was having breakfast with his retired friends and had just talked about me. Good friends never die, they retire. LOL
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2011, 03:26 PM

I think we gradually learn to 'come to terms' with the awful separation and their loss.

However, there are those moments (you mentioned) that stir certain precious memories ........ it may bring a lump in our throat, tears, an ache in the heart, or more hopefully a warm comforting glow of remembering .......

Rainbow x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top