Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Re: Tory Tactics

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Of course they are worried, but I would imagine most parties are worried.
I saw Kenneth Clarke say tonight that Ukip were made up of a bunch of clowns, but this sort of election talk as always gone on.
The time for them to really worry, is if the pensioners got a party going.
Who ever gets in, in these council elections or GE Had better keep the pensioners sweet or else.
Look up the.... Tax Payers Alliance..
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Ukip are saying all you want to hear, but mark my words they haven't the expertise nor the know how to carry it out, nor are they big enough.
To get out of Europe would be a giant mistake, we need the business.
Change our agreement with the EU, get back to a Common Market, which we originally did in the first place.
As I said, apart from their opposition to the EU, they aren't saying anything much that I want to hear and I don't think for a moment that they could put together a credible government (not that they could do much worse than the three Tory parties). The real issue is to shock the existing parties to the core and make them realise they have been rumbled and we are not putting up with it any more.
As to Europe being good for business, I really think that the EU is a busted flush and will, within a couple of years, be on the brink of collapse. Better to get out now before the collapse costs us even more!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2013, 06:38 PM

To be honest Mick, we have one hell of a dilemma, I feel a vote for UKip would mean some of the same as we have now, but worse they could do that well that they might get into bed with the Tories, replacing the Lib/Dems.
If anything a strong vote by the Lib/Dems would frighten DC so much that I believe he would be kicked out.
Perhaps I am wrong, but we shall just have to wait till a GE.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 09:28 AM

To be honest Mick, we have one hell of a dilemma
I agree - in my more cynical moments I think of the old anarchist adage - "Don't vote, you'll only encourage them!"
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 11:28 AM

I rest my case.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...vile-mask.html
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 08:21 AM

I rest my case.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...vile-mask.html

Just as bad as 'Harry' going to a party dressed in a Nazi uniform.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

02-05-2013, 02:44 PM

And another, gives a Nazi salute.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2013, 04:32 PM

It also seems that the Tories (and I used to vote for them) are becoming very keen on using desperate tactics. Looking at it from north of the border, they seem to be trying all sorts of dirty tricks and scare stories against the campaign for independance. Are they woried about the Scots or UKIP? I doubt it - they're woried about themselves.

They're the ones who will lose most.
MickB
London UK

03-05-2013, 07:52 AM

Judging by last night's bye-election result, they are right to be scared!
What concerns me more, however, is the huge increase in postal voting amongst Labour voters. According to figures in the Guardian this morning, 58% of votes cast for Labour were postal votes. This seems like a ridiculously large number, and given Labour's "previous" for postal voting fraud, it sounds somewhat dodgy. In the 1997 election, only 2% of all votes were postal votes. In 2005, it had gone up to 15% - but 58% - really!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...t-7646617.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2013, 08:26 AM

The problem with UKIP and they need to address it very soon is a party that favours our removal from Europe (something I favour too) will attract racists who would see this as an opportunity to get their views aired too. They know BNP and other racist organisations will never ever be elected to power so are lookign for other ways to get there.

UKIP needs to make a strong stand on this as many of us who want to vote to leave the EU are not racists we are just anti EU.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top