Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Re: Anybody Doing Owt?

Hello Everyone!! Wishing you all a New Year filled with much happiness, better health and a wee bit of good fortune!! It is 4.40 p.m., here, our dog's 2nd Birthday, hubby and I having a bbq, going to experiment and have a frozen strawberry daiquiri and will both be asleep long before midnight! As the common thread here is, we are "over" the going out/partying hullabaloo! Safer these days to stay home!!
Cheers!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 09:48 AM

Well, so far, that's 6 of us preferring to stay in. I always used to go out on New Year's Eve too, had to pre-book a taxi (if going any distance) or, take another pair of walking shoes to walk back home.

Like you Mollie, whenever Auld Lang Syne starts up, I too tend to cry.

So, it's going to be at home with a few drinks with nearest and dearest, dog and cat.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:26 AM

With any luck, come midnight I will be tucked up in bed in the arms of Morphia sound asleep. To those who will be seeing in the New Year - May I wish each and every one of you a Happy, prosperous New Year!!!
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Last few years have done nothing but have some wine and watch Jools Holland's hootanannymay go to out local which is walking distance for a cocktail, and home again, nothing too exciting
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:34 AM

I can remember some wonderful NYEs and some dreadful ones and now prefer to give the proceedings a miss.

If not on here I will be tucked up in my bed with Graham and Uncle Joe

Have a good time 50s friends wherever you are .
I hope the new year brings you all you wish for but most of all health and happiness..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I beg your pardon Meg? What have you got that I haven't got?

I will be going down to the quay to see the fireworks go off over the sea and the flotilla of boats all lit up. Only because the kiddies want to go and we are childminding. Otherwise it would have been Jools Holland here too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I beg your pardon Meg? What have you got that I haven't got?

I will be going down to the quay to see the fireworks go off over the sea and the flotilla of boats all lit up. Only because the kiddies want to go and we are childminding. Otherwise it would have been Jools Holland here too.
Figuratively speaking of course Mary
..and a big bed would be useful as I guess others may be joining us too, I already have a hot water bottle ready for Eileen who will be 5 hours behind the rest of us .

The quay and fireworks sound lovely If I open my bedroom curtains I can see the fireworks in the sky around the Malvern hills. Luckily they don't scare Chloe
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 11:12 AM

How wonderful to just open your curtains and see them over the hills, lucky you, staying snug in the warm. Four in a bed (whoops, five with Chloe) sounds just about right. Think of me shivering.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Oohhhh - I should be so lucky!!!! - just be careful of the clips and dressing on my hip Meg darlin'.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 11:36 AM

With all these people who are going to be tucked up with me, I'm just wondering what my wife is going to say.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top