Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Re: Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat lol

That's a shame.

I hope you have a good Christmas all the same.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 06:07 PM

I think I'm going to have a beautiful Xmas this year, have been invited to spend Xmas with a good friend.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:15 AM

All our Christmas shopping is done(has been for a few months now) except a few more Christmas spirit type of items(emphasis on spirit).

Christmas is the best time of the year if you are a kid and you'd better believe it, I have not grown up yet.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:43 AM

We're not Christians, and are more inclined to celebrate the Winter Solstice.
This is fine, as most 'Christmas' traditions have pagan origins. We decorate the table with a small symbolic 'Yule log' with candles, mistletoe, holly and ivy.

We exchange gifts and eat and drink too much. Most of our gifts have been bought already, but we don't decorate anything till a few days before the Solstice.

The real thing we look forward to is our annual trip to Germany for the markets. We love Germany, the food and the drink. This year we're off to Mainz, Weisbaden, Frankfurt area.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
All our Christmas shopping is done(has been for a few months now) except a few more Christmas spirit type of items(emphasis on spirit).

Christmas is the best time of the year if you are a kid and you'd better believe it, I have not grown up yet.
You can't have Christmas without some Christmas spirits! Good point.

The wife always sees that we're well stocked up on a certain liqueur named after a court
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
This is fine, as most 'Christmas' traditions have pagan origins. We decorate the table with a small symbolic 'Yule log' with candles, mistletoe, holly and ivy.

We exchange gifts and eat and drink too much. Most of our gifts have been bought already, but we don't decorate anything till a few days before the Solstice.

The real thing we look forward to is our annual trip to Germany for the markets. We love Germany, the food and the drink. This year we're off to Mainz, Weisbaden, Frankfurt area.
That sounds more my kind of thing George though I am trying hard to be a recluse
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
You can't have Christmas without some Christmas spirits! Good point.

The wife always sees that we're well stocked up on a certain liqueur named after a court
Strange that OB, I've never heard of a drink called Tennis....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Originally Posted by Meg ->
That sounds more my kind of thing George though I am trying hard to be a recluse
This sounds a great idea, if you are starting a Solstice Worshiping Cult then put me down as a potential devotee...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:20 PM

I don't think it matters what you believe in Christmas is thrust upon us all whether we like it or not, there is no escaping it in the Western World. I think the safest thing to do is just go along with it, otherwise you are classified as an old grump and spoilsport, they say you get used to everything given time, so far I still don't like being forced to wear a silly paper hat and be merry by order, where would we be without the few scoops.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I don't think it matters what you believe in Christmas is thrust upon us all whether we like it or not, there is no escaping it in the Western World. I think the safest thing to do is just go along with it, otherwise you are classified as an old grump and spoilsport, they say you get used to everything given time, so far I still don't like being forced to wear a silly paper hat and be merry by order, where would we be without the few scoops.
Jim matey, do as I do - just use it as a good excuse for a good nosh and booze up!!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top