Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 12:05 AM

Horror films.

Having watched most of the horror films on offer over TVs Halloween weekend, and indeed over the years, I'm still convinced the 'Exorcist' was the scariest of them all, I'm a seasoned horror fan from a young age and this is the only film that came near to scaring me. Maybe it's because it's about evil taking over the Human body and this can happen, Hitler for example and a few more, how horrific can you get.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 12:45 AM

Re: Horror films.

Yeah it was pretty scary. And 'evil dead' was it? That scared me too!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 01:45 AM

Im not scared by horror exactly but by suspense & fear combined with a bit of not quite rightness lol I had nightmares for ages after I watched The Shining.. it still scares me big time but I love it!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 04:13 PM

I like disaster films which portray a different type of horror, 2012 being the last one I watched. I find them far more terrifying that a film of ghosts and ghoulies....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 04:14 PM

I agree Cassie - Jack Nicholson's face when he axed through that door !!!!! eeekkk - one of the most scary parts for me. REDRUM
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I agree Cassie - Jack Nicholson's face when he axed through that door !!!!! eeekkk - one of the most scary parts for me. REDRUM
Oh heavens REDRUM!!!! That was awful and hiding in the kitchen and then covering up the snow tracks and oh my goodness being chased!! and those kids on tricycles lol That whole film is so good but really frightens me!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2010, 09:41 PM

I used to watch horror films and found some of them scarey then I grew out of fantasies and into reality. Now I find films that once were scarey are funny and intriguing.
Fear is a state of mind and as we grow up our sense of fear changes. The first film that I saw was 'It Always rains on Sundays' and it scared the life out of me, granted I was only 8 years old at the time. Now I doubt that it would interest me enough to even watch it.
I have a habit these days of wondering how they manage to get some of the shots in some films, where would the camera be positioned etc, hence I do not watch a film unless it is of great interest.
The Shining, Silence of the Lambs, and Se7en are supposed to be the scariest but as I have not seen the I dont know how scarey they are.
Cassie
West Wales

03-11-2010, 10:04 PM

I found the original Wicker Man very frightening too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top