Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 01:10 PM

What happened to the Indians?.

I like Western films and when I was a kid I was the odd one out as I always rooted for the Indians. Looking at the EPG guide for a film on film4 I saw this write up.
'Gary Cooper as an army captain must lead his Men through Florida's Everglades despite 'Native American' attacks'. What happened to Indian attacks?, is this another word we are now forbidden to use?, I'm only curious as there are so many things you can't say now that were commonplace a few years ago. My Grandsons will be here shortly and I can't imagine them saying,'Grandad, we're going out to play Cowboys and Native Americans'.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Re: What happened to the Indians?.

Yet another triumph for the PC loony's.

Did you know that the dog's name in the film 'The Dam Busters' has been changed to Digger. We all know it's proper name was NIGGER.
There I've said it, now strike me down or ban me or whatever you PC brigade do.................
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Well I tell it how it is and dont give a damn!
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

09-07-2011, 09:18 PM

It's not just Indians ...it's Red Indians!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 12:57 PM

What about the change to the old favourite, " Too many Chiefs, and not enough Native Americans" Does'nt have the ring to it somehow!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Eee .... I used to love watching a good western. I used to hide behind the settee when the shooting started. (Not as an adult you understand ... I was a knee high nipper).

Have you noticed there seems to be a dearth of war films as well?
All they seem to churn out these days are daft comedies which I don't find in the least funny.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 03:32 PM

I am putting it down to old age.... I find hardly anything funny!Yes I was also an avid cowboy girl and had a poster of Gary Cooper in my room,( thats the sort of girl I was)I still like a good cowboy film.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Perhaps they have all been killed off by Big John Wayne.

Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, The shade replied-If you seek for El Dorado.

Warriors
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

15-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Did any-one ever see the film with James Mason in it called The seventh veil, my Mother loved Murder Films and she always took me when I was young, I was petrified. I always watch Big John Wayne, still do.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 02:44 PM

I'm not keen on murder films, but I have always liked the westerns - although I suppose you could say westerns are murder films as well, there is a lot of killing in them - what's the difference

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top