Join for free
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 07:55 PM

Speed Awareness Course.

Any one attended one of these?I chose to attend one about 4years ago after being caught speeding(obviously)
I found it quite an eye opener.Things that you forget about the Highway Code!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:11 PM

Re: Speed Awareness Course.

No, took the points and the fine, I resent being read chapter and verse for something at least 75% of the population seem to do, I bet the chaplain has had his/her unrecorded moments also.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
Any one attended one of these?I chose to attend one about 4years ago after being caught speeding(obviously)
I found it quite an eye opener.Things that you forget about the Highway Code!
It's amazing the number of people that totally disregard the highway code after passing their test.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
It's amazing the number of people that totally disregard the highway code after passing their test.
Wouldn't mind betting it's 3/4 of the driving fraternity.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:46 PM

I went on one last year. it lasted four hours and I'm afraid a lot of it went over my head but 2 things I remember...
1. All the speed cameras don't have film in. (unfortunately the one that caught me did have)
2. If you're only driving at 30 miles an hour & hit someone - it will likely injure them. If you're driving at 35 miles an hour it would kill them.

I do try to be more aware of the speed limits now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-07-2014, 07:50 AM

Said this before, both my indiscretions were in exactly the same place, there are five speed cameras in a one mile stretch through the outskirts of a town, and are fully legitimate Imo, due to schools and other hazards, when you leave the town boundary, there are no houses, footpaths, side streets, just one short dead end created for future development, but due to this, the 30 mph speed limit was extended 600 yards into the green belt after which the speed limit is 50 mph, this is where the mobile speed unit is frequently positioned, I have never seen a living sole walking or doing anything in this zone so, not sure what the point of penalising folks for doing 35 mph here is?.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:48 AM

Never been on one, only been stopped once and that was for driving too slowly but I pointed out it was a 30 maximum not a target to hit and they had to admit I was right.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 10:24 AM

I have been on one of these courses and found it very enlightening.

Its true the things you forget after driving for a number of years

It also took me by surprise how many women there were on the course, is it that men prefer to pay the fine and have the points put on their licence.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top