Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 06:23 AM

The Sabbath

Sunday - Sunday . . . .mornin all . . . looks like a few showers so I'll not venture far today . . . one good thing though . . . shooting is illegal on Sundays so the wildlife will get a bit of respite eh.

Have a safe one offers . . as it's 06:20 I shall soddoff to bed for a couple of hours . . . see yez later my friends.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Re: The Sabbath

Good morning Dennis and Everyone else of course

It is fine at the moment but we are promised our showers for this afternoon. Plenty of mother natures creatures dashing around and trying to brighten the day with their singing.

Possibly a relaxing day with not many plans on the horizon, just a quick visit to Tesco and lunch at some Local establishment and then an afternoon of freedom to do whatever takes our fancy.

They go shooting near us some days and when we hear that a shoot is on we walk around where the Grouse and Pheasants are first thing in the morning disturbing them so that they move to another place where the shoot will not be. If we only save one it is worth it.

Have a good day everyone and try to do one good deed to help a neighbour or friend.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 07:55 AM

I'll wish you all a very good morning today methinks, before I take the mutt for his walkies.

Lovely and bright here today so the crowds will be out in force in Sherwood later for the start of the annual Robin Hood Festival, which we shall avoid like the plague...

The plums look about ready so it looks like a busy day freezing and bottling after coffee methinks...

Have a great day all.

Barry
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 08:40 AM

I am staring at my fence which needs painting. I am hoping if I stare at it long enough, it will paint itself.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Good morning everyone it's clouding over now after a bright start .

Dog walked/washing on the line/garden watered/beans picked now to tackle the mountain of vegetables my Brother bought with him on his visit yesterday. So a day of pickling beetroot and freezing veg /plumbs from the local fruit farm.

It is a strange feeling when anyone has been to visit ,a sort of anticlimax and quietness after all noise and bustle. I find it takes a day to settle back into normality.

Have a good day one and all...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 09:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
Bit cloudy here in Milton Keynes today but at least that wind's dropped - drives you round the bend whistling down the alley between us and next door I can tell you!!
I'm hoping to get a bit of gardening done today once grandson's on his way with our counterpart grandparents soon.
They've got to go home to North Devon so we are hoping the weather holds off for them - the M4 and M5 are very dodgy in places, especially when it's windy.
I've got a home-built pergola covered in Russian Vine (I know - BIG mistake) and it's off again, hanging down and grabbing next door's trellis - that's one job plus I've got the grass to cut and a bit of tidying up, weeding etcetera; the jobs that I actually like believe it or not!
Have a nice day. stevmk2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
They go shooting near us some days and when we hear that a shoot is on we walk around where the Grouse and Pheasants are first thing in the morning disturbing them so that they move to another place where the shoot will not be. If we only save one it is worth it.
Love it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 02:27 PM

Good afternoon everyone

I'm feeling very refreshed after our week away in a caravan in Devon. The weather wasn't too bad apart from the strong wind every day. Our daughter and her family were already staying there on a different site so our grandchildren were more than delighted to come and stay with us for a few nights

Today is sunny and warm and my washing is drying a treat on the line ...... not looking forward to all the ironing later though!

Hope everyone has been well this past week!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 02:43 PM

Oh of course the shooting has started, we will be unindated with Pheasants on the park as they come in and hang about till the shooters have gone home, canny birds up here.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Hi all! What dismal weather here: been raining on and off since yesterday morning and much cooler than it should be for August: about 10:50 am and only 22 C (72 F). Will continue like this till late Monday ... bah! I want my sunshine and warmth back! I did get out between showers to get grass for Leia. Will be the usual indoor with paper and puzzle afternoon.

Welcome back, Mags! AB, what a cool idea; I'm not in favor of hunting those lovely birds,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top