Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:02 AM

Bill the Bear

I love my garden ornaments and my niece knows that I am passionately fond of wooden carvings of animals. When she and her hubby came to see us last Tuesday she brought Bill below with her to keep Ben my other bear company.

We had our lawns taken up some time ago because hubby and I are past pushing mowers so I just buy ornaments to go in the garden now plus plants in pots.
I have a rosemary plant in an old 80 year old wash tub that belonged to my m-i-l that is still going strong.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:06 AM

Re: Bill the Bear

Maisie I do like the bear and the pig though I am not really a fan of garden ornaments
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:10 AM

Hello Maisie, I love garden ornaments. I used to have loads of garden gnomes, I loved them. Yours are very nice

Do you worry anyone will run off with them?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:25 AM

Some lovely animals there Maisie. Tho' I'm not a garden ornament fan, I like pots. I inherited a lot from my mum's garden but we are having to store a lot behind the greenhouse..I swap them around though.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:35 AM

I like Bill the Bear Maywalk. I have a bit of an obsession collecting pots and planters and as I get new ones I give some of the older ones away. They are getting a bit heavy for me to move around now though, so I will have to cut down soon. My fancy in ornaments is for garden elves and fairies made out of stone (relations to the gnomes but pretty and without the big noses and big feet ). I like to collect the larger ones and they are also getting a bit heavy now as I move them around the garden regularly - they liek the change you know. They are all hiding the summer house now, waiting for Spring so they can come out again to play again.
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone.
I don't worry about anyone taking them Alicat because I live right at the end of a Close.
Folks have to come up a long drive to get to my bungalow.
It would be nice to see some photos of ornaments that others have.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Awwwww he's lovely, We have a load of them up in Dunnet Head Forest.....This is my Favourite one.

I also like the Bears.

Maywalk
Leicestershire

19-10-2012, 12:44 PM

They are gorgeous Roxy.
Are they for sale or just for visitors to view?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Here's a woodcarving for you Maywalk.
Maywalk
Leicestershire

19-10-2012, 02:08 PM

Ooooooooooooooohhhh Alan he is wonderful.
Where did he come from?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top