Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Precious few days

A lovely, rather tired and elderly yellow lab turned up on my doorstep on Saturday and refused to budge. So in she came and we started bonding. Asking around, noone seemed to be missing a pet and she had no collar on but was well-fed and in good shape. Today we were out for a walk and were spotted by a friend of her owner. So she is now back in her own home with the family she loves.
Three days was all it took to fall in love with her...I'm sad, though happy that she has a loving home. I just hope they don't let her wander off again!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Re: Precious few days

Ania how fortunate the dog was to land on the doorstep of someone who would give her love and attention.
If she had gone elsewhere this could have been a very different story.

Do you have a dog, if not maybe this is the time to consider getting one
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:14 PM

Hi Meg, I have been considering getting a dog for some time, but as I travel a fair bit I have held off. But maybe it is time...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:20 PM

What a kind heart you have Ania. It certainly was a lucky dog to find you. A little sad for you but I bet the owners were so grateful to have their dog back.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Very lucky dog to have found you but I would like to point out that it is a legal requirement to have a collar and id tag on your dog if it is outside the house. Maybe you could tactfully point this out to the owner in case the dog wanders off again.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 05:27 PM

That was lovely Ania and maybe it was caused by some-one who thinks you need a nudge in the dog department. If you cant cope with a pup you could perhaps give a rescue dog a home, go on .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 06:21 PM

What a happy but sad story Ania. Intriguing as to why she sat on your doorstep. Did the owners say how they lost her..you don't think they abandoned her do you?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Perhaps with an old dog they forget how far they walk and when she reached your house she was too tired to go further, but it didnt matter as she landed on her feet and was loved for the few hours she was with Ania, people seem to forget they are all Gods creatures.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 10:09 PM

Ania, sad for you but happy for the dog. Do you consider this an omen? Perhaps it is time for you to own and care for our four-legged friends.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 01:13 AM

Aw that is sad for you but good that the dog's owners were found. It doesn't take long to bond does it? Like the others have said perhaps its an omen for you to get yourself a dog.

The animal refuge centres are at bursting point here in Cumbria at the moment so it could be the same where you live and there might be just the one for you! Might be worth paying them a visit for a looksee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top