Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Who Do You Think You Are?

It's nice to see this TV series back again.

I'm not sure I know tonight's subject (Larry Lamb?) but that doesn't really matter if the researchers find an interesting story.

I haven't been as touched by the stories this series as I have been in the past but ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Re: Who Do You Think You Are?

Larry Lamb is better known these days as Archie, who was the nasty one in EastEnders!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Ah - I'm the person who has never watched an episode of EE, so no wonder I don't know him.
There was a Fleet St editor who was Larry Lamb, also a rugby referee of the same name ... and there might have been a puppet in the early days of B&W TV, Mr Mayor, Sir (but then this thread would have to be in What Do You Remember)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Ahhh... it may not be the actor Larry then!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 09:24 PM

I just wish with this programme, they'd stop doing "Celebs", and give ordinary people a chance for a change.There are lots of fascinating people out there, with wonderful stories to tell. Besides, the "Celebs" have enough money to do their own research.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

31-08-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I just wish with this programme, they'd stop doing "Celebs", and give ordinary people a chance for a change.There are lots of fascinating people out there, with wonderful stories to tell. Besides, the "Celebs" have enough money to do their own research.
I agree with you there, John!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2011, 10:41 PM

I found this was an interesting episode but wish Larry had gone back to his Grandmother's roots in Scotland.
Maybe they did and it came to a dead end.
dinahsmum
SW England

01-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Interesting wasn't it

They seem to have a new format (started with the Boris Johnson episode?) where they find an interesting subject and more or less stick with them all through the programme. I liked it when they were a little more general and looked at both sides of the family more evenly

Talking of 'ordinary people' v 'celebrities'. Well, I wouldn't have known last night's subject if I had fallen over him in the street, so as far as I'm concerned he could have been anyone. I guess the 'celebs' find it a bit easier to be on-screen, especially as portions of the programmes are a bit scripted/staged. Someone with stage fright/unable to feign suprise at the most recent revalation etc etc wouldn't be as watchable
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 01:48 PM

There was a childrens programme called Larry the Lamb years ago.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
There was a childrens programme called Larry the Lamb years ago.
Baaaaaaaa I remembaaaar that Annie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top