Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:06 PM

Why would someone..........

............stand on the pavement by my drive and take photos of my house at 8.15 am??

Spooky............
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Re: Why would someone..........

Is it pretty? Did they used to live there? Or...do they fancy buying it?

Or...is it for sale?

Yeah, spooky. Mind you, I took photos of someone else's house not long ago, of my friend who went off to Australia with her family when she was 14. Was going to show it on FB to her children but never got round to it.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Hmmm, is it particularly interesting to look at? I would be spooked if I saw that happen here!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:19 PM

Could be a number of reasons. My recent dealings with right move make me think some estate agents are doing just what you describe just to make it look like they are doing well, just plaster sold on the picture or advertise it for a while it just looks like your business is thriving.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Years ago, we did take a picture of a house which we noticed on a day trip out. It was a house we would like to have owned .....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:46 PM

A friend of mine took a picture of the house my parents used to live in when she was in the area so that she could bring it back to show me. She did say, however, that she hoped nobody thought she was casing the joint...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 01:57 PM

Hi Lindy maybe it wasn't the house which was of interest but a bird or a cloud formation?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 04:10 PM

It would make me wonder why too Lindyloo, but I too have taken a photo of someone else's home, however, I did knock on the door and ask permission. It was a house that my ancestors had lived in many years previously and I was invited to see the inside too, which I thought was very kind of them.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies and ideas. To me, it's just an average house. I like it and find it appealing - there are two almost identical on either side. Built in the mid 1960's, the owner prior to me had lived here for very many years - he is now deceased. If it was someone who lived here prior to that I would like to think they'd have the manners to knock on the door and ask first.

Thinking logically (to me anyway) the house is my major asset which makes me wonder if someone wants to claim money from me..............and there's only one ex-person who would be stupid enough to do that. Even that is stretching the imagination..........I'll just have to see what occurs and try and remember to lock the doors & windows........and take a phone to bed!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Maybe someone wanting to draw it (art class). If that was the case, you'd think they'd still ask permission.

It may be something very innocent. Maybe it's the landscaping, facade of the house, type of roof, ideas for themselves?

Was it a 'city' vehicle, meaning from a municipal office (for tax assessments on the neighborhood)?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top