Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:31 PM

How can we make this site better?

So now we're 'live' - how do you think we can make OFF even better?
  • Do we have all the topics covered? Reckon we are missing any sections?
  • Are the explanations that go with the navigations items good enough? Could they be made simpler/easier?
  • Is navigating around the site easy enough?

We've tried to make posting and navigating as easy as possible. So let us know if we can make anything easier in that regard too!

I think the human registration question on sign up stumped a few people - so I've actually added the answer to the question now

A lot of people tried to log-in with their Dogsey/Catsey usernames so I've created a a guest message saying people need to sign up first

Anything else?
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Re: How can we make this site better?

Originally Posted by Azz ->
So now we're 'live' - how do you think we can make OFF even better?
  • Do we have all the topics covered? Reckon we are missing any sections?
  • Are the explanations that go with the navigations items good enough? Could they be made simpler/easier?
  • Is navigating around the site easy enough?

We've tried to make posting and navigating as easy as possible. So let us know if we can make anything easier in that regard too!

I think the human registration question on sign up stumped a few people - so I've actually added the answer to the question now

A lot of people tried to log-in with their Dogsey/Catsey usernames so I've created a a guest message saying people need to sign up first

Anything else?
I think it's perfect but would love to have the TOP button on the reply line if possible?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Difficult for us 'old lags' - we've been here too long to notice potential for improvements
Have we got 'stickies' inappropriate places/forums about posting pictures and YouTubes?

Over to new people .....
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Difficult for us 'old lags' - we've been here too long to notice potential for improvements
Have we got 'stickies' inappropriate places/forums about posting pictures and YouTubes?

Over to new people .....
Could some new 'how to' answers be in FAQ or do we have a FAQ.

Over to new people!!
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 10:24 PM

As a newbie, I think it is perfect.
The only suggestion I can make, which isn't a biggy!, is to maybe add subforums to some of the forums?
As an example, and because I am a word game fan!, the Games, Jokes, and Funnies forum could be split up into Word Games, Jokes, etc. and maybe have a general subforum for anything that doesn't fit one named?
Another example would be the Pets forum - split it into dogs, cats, birds, etc.
Just a thought for quicker navigation!
Otherwise, I find it real easy to get around! Thank you muchly!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 11:56 AM

I understand that you want to make the site user friendly and as a new un I certainly found my way around alright.

I think the secret to a good site is exactly what you have lots of interests and views from lots of people. I love cooking so I should like to talk about some cooking tips now and again. Your site seems so friendly that I would ask a question and know that I could expect some tips.

I love to read so opinions on books read would also be a good thing to discuss. At the moment we are getting to know each other and that is good. I used to enjoy word games too and would spend many happy hours at the computer when I should have been doing something else. Chatting on line is really good. The Remember thread is lovely.
jeanniedean2002
New Member!
scotland uk
jeanniedean2002 is female 

12-12-2009, 10:11 PM

I think the sites perfect as it is. Anymore might confuse people. The topics cover most things. Youve all done a great job. Love the site thanks
Jean
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
As a newbie, I think it is perfect.
The only suggestion I can make, which isn't a biggy!, is to maybe add subforums to some of the forums?
As an example, and because I am a word game fan!, the Games, Jokes, and Funnies forum could be split up into Word Games, Jokes, etc. and maybe have a general subforum for anything that doesn't fit one named?
Another example would be the birds, etc. Pets forum - split it into dogs, cats,
Just a thought for quicker navigation!
Otherwise, I find it real easy to get around! Thank you muchly!
I like that suggestion about the Pets section, also having the word games a sub-folder of Jokes; I'm another word game fan.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 12:03 AM

Jokes and word games I like that idea, I have soo many jokes that I would love to share and I used to spend hours playing word games on another site it was great fun.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Lovemyboys and cookiecate, so happy you found us! Love the word games

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top