Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 03:47 PM

Scotland

According to statistics it's the place to be . . . the population is steadily growing . . . . people are emigrating here from all over the UK . . . I say welcome, welcome to you all . . . . It's my homeland and a wonderful place to be.

Sit back and enjoy.

http://youtu.be/BR-csWS1bcM

http://youtu.be/Rwwk3iJUn6g

Here's tae us . . . whaes like us . . . gie few.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Re: Scotland

I've nothing against Scotland and certainly nothing against Scots (family connections) but that fact truly amazes me.
I've only ever been up there twice - Glasgow (well, Greenock actually - for family reasons) and Aberdeen for work reasons but there's not a single chance in the world that I'd ever want to live there.
I live in "Middle England" - Milton Keynes - but I was born in Malta in the Mediterranean - my spiritual home - and I've never, EVER felt "at home" in England like I do in any Mediterranean country so as Scotland's further North - and colder - I really couldn't face it!!! Sorry.........stevmk2
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2011, 07:47 PM

I agree with you Nero....I'd never leave Scotland either, unless I was going to one of the offshore Scottish Isles. Most people are going to the Citys but I love the peace and quiet up here. I'm not a City Gal at all.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Scotland is lovely but I'm afraid the weather isn't good enough for me up there. Too much rain and cold weather compared to the south of england. So I wouldn't choose to live up there personally. My ex husband's parents lived for many years in Edinburgh and I have visited many times. Horses for courses I guess.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 02:36 PM

My hubs and myself would move up to Scotland in a flash.We've been up there so many times we call it our second home and oddly enough have only ever had one week of really bad weather....Once did a tour of the Scottish coastline......some of the beaches in the North are comparable to those of the Carribean.......believe it or not.

Luskentyre on the Isle of Harris is stunning.....

Going back up again in a few weeks..........Great Pike fishing on the Lochs......Will be taking lots of Avon Skin So Soft body spray tho...........keeps the midges at bay.........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2011, 09:07 PM

I don't know Scotland well but what I know of it I love

My cousin lived at Drymen when her husband was with the BBCSSO and in 1977 I stayed in a cottage on Loch Melfort Argyll, heaven....

I would live there in a moment but it is a long way from my family...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 12:56 PM

I know this may sound petty, but a lot of people come way up here to the Highlands and fall in love with the Mountains, lochs, moors ect and the next thing they're moving up here to live the Highland Dream........They soon sell up and move south again, one Winter up here sees to that.
Also you can go for days without seeing anyone. When they come here on holiday it's quite busy with tourists. When the Seasons over and life returns to it's slow pace they can't handle that either. Also the Locals think of them as Outsiders and are wary of them.
Living in the Highlands is not as easy as some people think.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 01:40 PM

We went to Inverary when the children were small in the touring caravan, it poured down all week and I was sure those mountains were trying to push us into the Lochs.No sorry I am as near to scotland as I am ever likely to be again.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Annie, that brought back memories of a camping holiday in Scotland we had as kids. Our parents pitched on a slope, it rained all night and in the morning we were all at the bottom of the tent, including the dog in a puddle of water. My father in law lives in Peterculter, Aberdeen. When we visit him the mountains, pine trees, wildlife and River Dee are a wonderful sight. I am cold even in the summertime so could never survive up there, better where I am on the south coast.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Glad I am not the only one who is cold, am wearing winter clothes to keep warm now, what I will do in winter heaven knows.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top